In a nutshell, we’re holding a series of events around the country where companies looking for software developers can interact with our guys in a group Q&A discussion. If you think any of our developers are a match then you can arrange a one to one meeting and take it from there.
The discussion will be chaired by our special guests and the attendees will have the chance to hear how our existing clients and developers are working together. They will also have the opportunity to have live discussions with our remote developers on topics which are relevant in their space right now.
If the attendee likes what the developer is saying and think they could work together, we will arrange a set of follow up meetings to be held up to 1 week after the event.
The attendee will have the opportunity to get to know our developers and find out more about their experience and skills.
“This is a novel initiative & we hope it will help to bridge the software development gap that exists in Ireland & the UK right now” – John Rowan Engine Lab Software MD.
We will be holding “Meet the Tech Guys” events and webinars based on the different technologies which we specialise in. There will be break out sessions for Java, .Net, PHP, Angular, MS SharePoint, MS Dynamics CRM & Nav.
All of our developers are full-stack guys and attendees will be able to have in depth discussions with them during the event and break out sessions.
Engine Lab Software’s resourcing model and how it works has been discussed in detail here.
In essence, our off-site developers & consultants work directly with our clients, spending up to 3 months on-site in Ireland per year.
Our Irish & UK technical managers are able to work with our clients to offer technical & architecture advice where needed.
Through working on various projects together, our clients have realised that our developers are so good they can rely on them directly for architecture level advice. Their
confidence has grown and they tend not to need our on-shore technical manager. We’re there if they do need us but it’s rare with some clients.
Having the developers able to work on-site for up to 3 months is a serious advantage as they build up a strong relationship with the team.
How Our Model Has Evolved:
- Our developers are available to work on-site in Ireland for up to 3 months per year. This allows them to really get to know the development team and offer value up front.
All visas & planning are managed by ELS so the client just needs to find them a desk.
- We offer a scalable monthly package per developer which is far more cost effective than on-site resources. These are senior guys who just cannot be found at the moment
- We have our technical architects based in Ireland to offer assistance at any stage. We’re never more than 2 hours from our client’s offices. This has made a big difference
at the start of engagements or when there is pressure on
- Very experienced architect & senior level developes experienced in working directly with Irish clients. We have been able to ramp one client up to 6 developers in one
- 50% cost savings when compared to Irish & UK contractors.
- 30% cost savings when compared to permanent employees
- Fixed monthly plans reducing as the duration extends
- Technical & business managers on-site in Ireland & the UK
- Our developers work for us so there is no movement from contract to contract. If the client wants to hold on to a developer, they can do so for months and years. Even the
permanent scene is seeing serious movement right now which was traditionally a contract problem.